My experience with CBD creams for pain relief
In March 2023, I am experiencing lower back ache. Until I felt better and was able to return to the gym, I underwent physical therapy. I now favor swimming, yoga, and walking over heavy lifting.
My back still hurts occasionally, but CBD creams are quite helpful when my workouts are unsuccessful. I can easily pack these creams in my suitcase for trips, bike excursions, and hikes. Knowing that I have them with me is consoling.
Does CBD cream help with reducing pain?
The research on CBD’s pain-relief potential is in its early phases. Still, there’s already some evidence suggesting that topical CBD products, such as creams, oil could be beneficial for various types of pain, including:
- Arthritis-related pain: The 2016 animal study Trusted Source research & found that CBD cream may help with arthritis-related pain and swelling.
- Nerve pain: A small 2020 study report on the result of topical CBD oil on pain relief. Many people involved in the study, all with nerve damage, reported having reduced pain levels. They described a dip in sharp, intense, cold, and itchy cooling pain sensations.
- Jaw pain: A research in 2019 reported how topical CBD may give relief from a specific kind of facial pain that mainly affects the jaw. The study found that people who applied CBD cream two times daily experienced a lot less pain after two weeks.
Another research in 2020 found that some people in palliative care use THC or CBD regularly and that topical products, in particular, help reduce pain.
Pros and cons of CBD cream
- Helpful for Pain relief: While CBD Other Products like Capsules and Gummies provide full-body effects, you can apply CBD topicals like creams directly on specific pain areas of your skin.
- Fast Acting: CBD Topical works quickly because topicals don’t pass through your stomach, and they aren’t Converted in the same way as edibles, Which means they likely execute faster than Gummies and Capsules.
- Other ingredients may help with pain relief: Many CBD creams have added ingredients like lidocaine, menthol, or arnica, which provide enhanced pain relief.
- Improved skin health: CBD Cream is also helpful for human skin it may help with pain and moisturize and hydrate the skin.
- Less powerful than ingestible: You might notice the effects of topicals quicker than things you eat, but usually, creams and lotions aren’t as strong.
- Tough to measure per dose: Oils and ingestible products like gummies or capsules are made to make sure you get a certain amount in every drop or serving. But with creams, it can be tricky to know how much you’re using.
- Potential for skin irritation: Whenever you apply something to your skin, there’s a chance for a reaction to happen.
- May not (fully) work: CBD cream might not work well for certain types of pain because it doesn’t enter your bloodstream.
How to chose the best CBD creams for pain relief
To find the right CBD creams for pain relief, you should consider several things carefully. This will help you pick a good product that fits your needs. Here are the steps you can take to make a smart choice:
- an editor personally tried and reviewed the products they received for free, and the opinions shared are their own honest views.
- The product is made by a company that shows evidence of testing by a third-party lab that follows ISO 17025 standards.
- is made by a company that discloses ingredients and the source of their hemp
- The product contains not more than 0.3% THC, according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- check their COA and find passed certificates of tests for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds
- product quality
- companies certificates
- customers reviews
- check the company is FDA Approved
Is CBD right for you?
If you’re thinking about trying something different to relieve your pain, you could try CBD. But remember, CBD isn’t a substitute for treatments prescribed by your doctor. It can also interact with certain medications, especially those with a grapefruit warning. So, if you’re taking any of these medications, CBD might not be suitable for you.
However, if your professional healthcare doctor approves and you want to focus on specific areas of pain, like arthritis in your fingers, using a topical CBD product might offer some relief.
How to use CBD cream for pain
It’s a good idea to check the instructions on the packaging of the CBD cream you bought before using it. You should apply CBD creams to the area where you feel pain, like your hands if you have arthritis. Gently rub it into your skin.
If the cream has ingredients like menthol, arnica, or lidocaine for pain relief, you might feel a cool or warm sensation. If this bothers you, start with a small amount.
To ensure the product doesn’t irritate your skin, try a patch test by applying a little bit on the inside of your wrist and wait to see if you have any irritation. Even natural products can cause problems for sensitive skin.
Keep CBD cream away from mucous membranes and broken skin.
Safety and side effects of CBD Cream
A 2017 research study shows CBD is safe to use.
Most of the CBD Topicals are used for external purposes, so you shouldn’t ingest them unless the packaging says it’s safe to do so.
If you have any cuts or sores, it’s best to wait before using CBD cream. Some products shouldn’t be used on skin that’s already damaged.
While small amounts of low-dose mean 0.3% THC CBD products shouldn’t make you feel “high,” some people sometimes experience side effects like:
- changes in weight or appetite
WHY BUY NATBEINGCBD Topicals?
NatbeingCBD is a company in the USA that sells CBD products such as oils, gummies, and creams. They make their products in FDA FDA-registered facilities and use certified organic ingredients. They also provide a certificate of analysis (COA) for each product, which is tested by third-party labs. This means you can trust the quality of their CBD cream. They meet all the requirements for selling CBD products.
NatbeingCBD’s cream products contain organic CBD from hemp, along with other natural ingredients. Using organic hemp is important because it can absorb harmful things like pesticides and heavy metals from the soil. These substances could end up in the hemp oil used in your gummies or other CBD products. So, it’s a good idea to choose products made from organic CBD.
Here are some key points about NatbeingCBD’s CBD products:
- high potency
- high quality ingerdients
- Produced in FDA-registered facilities
- Made with organic hemp
- No high-fructose corn syrup
- No gelatin
- No artificial flavors or colors
Frequently Asked Question
Although ongoing research is continuing to explore this area, some smaller studies and experiments with animals have indicated that CBD might reduce swelling and offer relief from pain. Researchers have specifically examined the effects of CBD on conditions like arthritis, nerve pain, and jaw discomfort.
some people occasionally experience side effects:
- appetite changes
- weight changes
Whenever you try a new CBD product, it's important to carefully inspect the ingredients to prevent any allergic reactions from things you know you're allergic to.
It depends on the person to person but generally, between 15 to 30 minutes it will work
yes, you can use CBD oils meant for your mouth on your skin too. Just check the ingredients first to avoid anything that might irritate your skin.
Remember, only use CBD products designed for the skin on your skin, not ones meant to be swallowed.
Yes, CBD creams can promote relaxation when applied topically due to their anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, as well as potential aromatherapy effects. However, the level of relaxation may vary among individuals.
CBD creams made from pure CBD isolate or THC-free broad-spectrum CBD are less likely to show up on drug tests. However, some full-spectrum products with trace THC may pose a risk. Verify THC content and use with caution if you're concerned about drug tests.